Sunday, January 31, 2010

Vanilla Steamer

Back in college and graduate school, before I became a raging caffeine addict, I used to drink these flavored steamed milk beverages at the Cambridge coffee shops. I was inspired by the fact that I had a half gallon of milk whose expiration date was looming frighteningly near.

Vanilla Steamer
1 mug 2% milk
10 drops pure vanilla extract
Sugar (to taste)
I warmed the milk, sugar, and vanilla on the stove while whisking constantly, but I would imagine one could warm it in the microwave as well. I am sure this would have been WONDERFUL if I had used a fresh vanilla bean, but I didn't have any.  Also, had I not been heading to work, I might have added a shot or two of my Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur. (Now THAT would make a fine bedtime cocktail...I'd sleep like a log!)

No comments:

Post a Comment