Sunday, January 24, 2010

Old Eggs (and not the ones in my ovaries)

I looked at my egg carton and realized that the expiration date is quickly approaching, so I baked a Spinach, Ham, and Cheese quiche and a lovely Banana Pudding.

I don't much care for banana pudding made with instant pudding, so I made homemade custard and topped it with meringue, then browned the whole thing in the oven.


My quiche was adapted from a Paula Deen recipe. Paula, being Paula, called for a pound of bacon and 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream. I decided to use about 1/2 pound of ham and 1 1/2 cups of milk. It was quite tasty! My only complaint was that by the time the middle set, the top had turned a little browner than I would have liked. I couldn't get any really good pictures...this was the best one.

No comments:

Post a Comment