Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Turkey Wings and Rice (Hearty Winter Fare!)

Did I mention how much I love my new slow cooker?


I used it to make one of my favorite dishes: smothered turkey wings served over rice. Since I make it so spicy with black and red pepper, I like to drink it with red wine. Tonight, I'm having a simple Cotes du Rhone.






Smothered Turkey Wings
2 fresh turkey wings (NOT smoked!)
2 stalks celery
2 small yellow onions
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz chicken broth
Lawry's Seasoned Salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes to taste

Wash and season turkey wings to taste using seasonings listed above, then layer them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Chop onions and celery (size depends on your personal preference) and layer on top of turkey wings.
Mix together cream of chicken soup and chicken broth and pour over turkey wings, celery, and onion.

Cook for 5 hours on high or until turkey wings are tender. I like to pull the meat from the bones and discard the bones before serving over rice. Then I can eat it a little more gracefully and pretend I'm eating some fancy risotto :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment