Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blood Orange Martini

Allow me to clarify...the time stamp on my blog is wrong! It's not 9:00 on a Saturday morning; it's 11:00! That said, let me say this: I do not subscribe to antiquated notions of the acceptability or inacceptability of enjoying a delightful cocktail before 5:00 p.m. That's just nonsense. I believe that if one is enjoying a leisurely weekend in one's home (or someone else's home), that one should be perfectly comfortable sipping a cocktail whether it's 10:00 a.m. or 10:00 p.m.  So, there.

At precisely 10:45 this morning, I prepared this lovely concoction and I am sipping her right now.

Blood Orange Martini
3 oz vodka (I use Svedka...see rant below)
3 oz Stirrings "Simple Blood Orange Martini" mixer

Shake with ice in a martini shaker, pour, and enjoy.

Vodka Rant
I hate "cheap" vodka. I don't do Stoli, can't abide by Absolut (gives me an Absolut headache), and hope that anyone who reaches for the Gibley's on the bottom shelf in the liquor store throws out their back. However, Svedka vodka, which sells for a little more than half the cost of Grey Goose and Ketel One is wonderful! It's got a mild flavor, doesn't give headaches, and is smooth enough to sip chilled or on the rocks. That's the true test.  I swear by Svedka and purchase it at Sam's Club. Four stars! (Belvedere gets five, but for the price).

No comments:

Post a Comment