Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Family Recipe: Spaghetti & Shrimp

Recently, I emailed my siblings to ask them to mail me some of their specialty recipes. My sister Carolyn was the only one who responded.  I've pasted her recipe, just as she typed it, with just a little editorializing of my own.  I'm going to make this one day this week.

Spaghetti and Shrimp
Spaghetti
Olive oil
Butter
Salt
Chopped garlic
Sun dried tomatoes
Spinach (if frozen, thaw and drain)
Can of diced tomatoes
White wine
Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS
Well, I boil my spaghetti. I do not measure anything. To a frying pan, I add olive oil, butter, salt and chopped garlic. Once this is sauteed, I add sliced sundried tomatoes. I diddle them around a bit and then I add a bag of frozen spinach (which I have thawed and drained). Then I remove everything from the pan and then to the empty pan I add and sautee more chopped garlic, salt, olive oil, and butter. Once sauteed, I add a can of diced tomatoes and a cup of white wine. I let this reduce a bit and then I add my deveined shrimp. Once cooked, I diddle everything around in a big bowl (including the spaghetti). Then I do a taste test to see if more garlic and salt is needed and also to see if I should add onion powder [note: there was no mention of onion powder in the ingredients list, so if you were relying on that for your grocery list, you're just S.O.L., I guess]. Once it tastes the way I like, I add grated parmesan cheese and toss.

No comments:

Post a Comment