Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mighty Leaf Tea

I have a propensity for purchasing boxes of tea, using three or four bags, and letting the rest languish in the cabinet when I move onto the next new tea.  This tea changed all that.

Mighty Leaf Green Tea Tropical is "smooth green tea leaves harmoniously blend[ed] with sweet tropical fruits of pineapple and guava". It is fantastic! I have finally weaned myself off Splenda (it was a struggle -- I felt like I was trying to kick a heroin habit) and this tea is actually quite refreshing without it. It is also lower in caffeine than most green teas which is a benefit to me, the person who has twice gone to the ER with palpitations, only to be told it's stress...and green tea induced.  The only downside to this wonderful blend is the guilt I feel that each biodegradable pouch is WRAPPED IN NON-BIODEGRADABLE CELLOPHANE! What the heck kind of sense does that make? It's also pricey at my local fancy-schmancy supermarket. If I recall correctly, I paid upward of $6.50 for a box of 15 pouches. It's still more cost effective than Starbucks, considering I brew enough each morning for a 24 oz cup of iced tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment