Sunday, March 7, 2010

Turkey Bacon Pancakes

I have a confession to make:  I LOVE McDonald's McGriddles sandwiches!  They remind me of going to New Jersey diners and making sandwiches with my pancakes and scrapple. However, McGriddles don't quite mesh with my triathlon training. This pared-down version came to me in the wee hours of this morning, so I got to experimenting and ended up with Turkey Bacon Pancakes. I swear it's not gross, though it may sound like it.

I prepared three slices of turkey bacon and crumbled them.
Then I prepared my pancakes the regular way...and spooned some turkey crumbles in the middle when they were nearly ready to be turned. (Note: they should have been turned a little sooner, but I was trying to get my camera ready!)
Then I cooked the other side, drizzled them with maple syrup and topped them with the remaining bacon crumbles. (One day, I am going to get AA batteries for my "real" camera so that I can stop taking these nasty-looking pale photos of my food).
This strange recipe will be one of my weird food "keepers".

No comments:

Post a Comment