Sunday, February 14, 2010

Soy Ginger Glazed Chilean Sea Bass

I had tonight's menu all planned in my head (Shrimp in Coconut Curry served over rice), then got home and realized that I am out of cumin. Going back out was not an option, so I improvised and came up with Soy Ginger Glazed Chilean Sea Bass with a side of mixed greens, beets, and tomato salad. I usually make my soy ginger glaze for salmon but decided to try something a little different, since this was an improvisation and all. Fortunately, I had one lonely little piece of sea bass (a.k.a. Patagonian Toothfish) in the freezer.

I wish I could say that I had a glass of amazing wine to accompany my meal but, hey, I keeps it real.I was sipping on (yes..."sipping ON") a Bacardi and Coke while I hung some curtains, so I finished the can of Coke in a second cocktail.

I must buy some smaller plates to encourage my portion control but there's something about big, white plates that I LOVE.

The dressing was a creamy garlic/buttermilk conconction that I made up because, like a fool, I bought a carton of buttermilk thinking I was going to make biscuits. That didn't work out. Sometimes I forget that I don't have five children to feed. I used buttermilk, garlic, a touch of olive oil, salt and cracked black peppercorns to make the salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment