Sunday, May 2, 2010

Tikka Masala with Brown Rice

I love, love, love Indian food and I love that Whole Foods has made it so quick and accessible. I am very particular about eating prepared foods, but I have to give praise where praise is due. I saw this Seeds of Change Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce and decided to give it a try.
I am generally suspicious of jarred and canned products, but I was in the midst of a hectic workweek and needed some quick dinner options.  This stuff was GREAT! I added a little extra cayenne pepper and crushed garlic and let it simmer in a saucepan for a few minutes, then served it over brown rice (the picture below isn't very pretty...I didn't even bother wipe off the sauce splatters from the plate).
I then poured myself a glass of chilled Capucine white and dinner was served.  It was surprisingly good and I highly recommend this little jarred convenience item.
No one needs to know that I only bought this wine because I liked the label...

No comments:

Post a Comment